Sep 10, 2013

Nacho average beach fare


This summer, I had some amazing nachos at the Bolivian Llama Party stand at Rockaway Beach.  I have to admit, I wondered what Bolivian Llama Party nachos would taste like (Bolivia? Llamas? A party?) but the truth is, they tasted like summer—the kind of summer you spend napping at the beach, watching surfers and drinking beer. Here's my attempt to recreate them.

Bolivian Llama Party-style Nachos
  • Tortilla chips
  • Nacho cheese sauce, warmed (and I won't judge you if it came in a jar)
  • Black beans, drained 
  • Pulled pork (you can make your own or buy it at Trader Joe's) 
  • Fresh salsa (I like Rick Bayless' Pico de Gallo recipe)
  • Feta cheese, crumbled 
  • Cilantro, chopped

  1. Place chips on a plate.
  2. Pile on the ingredients.
  3. Chow down.
  4. Stretch out and admire your full belly (because yes, you will be eating all of them).
Go full nacho spectrum with Ultimate Nachos: From Nachos and Guacamole to Salsas and Cocktails.

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy Jen!!! I have to eat this really soon!!!

    ReplyDelete