Nov 2, 2013

Ramen Burger vs the Rice Paddy Burger

If you are anything of Foodie or read my previous rants about it, I'm pretty sure you know of the Smorgasburg Ramen Burger. This concoction of two buns of noodle strains grilled together, topped with some veggies and a beef paddy created 2+ hours lines just for a taste of this.every weekend since its debut.

While Keizo Shimamoto's coveted creation is good, I gotta say, he's not the first one from Japan that went this route to twist the American burger. Long before the Ramen Burger, there was the Rice Burger.




Basically, its the same burger equation but with two buns of compressed rice. While some might think, "So what? So it's just another bun." However, put this into consideration, ramen noodles were built for ramen soup noodle dishes, they are meant to absorb the soup liquid (or otherwise it will get soggy), while rice does not have that property and has a high absorbancy of any juice or liquid that comes it way.... What does this translate to? You tell me!

If you ask me, if its the Ramen Burger vs the Rice Burger, I rather have the Rice Burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment